Waste and Recycling
2020 Residential Recycling Drop-Off & Secure Paper Shredding Events
Recycle electronics, appliances, mattresses, and more in 2020 at drop-off events with free and reduced prices (also includes free paper shredding)! Reduced wait times at our new location! These events will all be hosted at Green Lights Recycling, 1525 99th Lane NE in Blaine, MN, on Saturdays:
- January 11, 8 a.m. - noon
- March 14, 8 a.m. - noon
- May 9, 8 a.m. - noon
- July 11, 8 a.m. - noon
- September 12, 8 a.m. - noon
- November 14, 8 a.m. - noon
Convenient curbside organics collection is now available to Fridley residents through Republic Services. Learn more and sign up. All collection occurs Wednesdays.
Curbside Recycling: What You Need to Know
Pickup is every other week, usually on the same day as your garbage collection. A holiday can sometimes push back collection one day.
Free Upgrade to Larger 96 Gallon Recycling Cart
If you need additional space for cardboard or other recycling, call the City Recycling Coordinator at 763-572-3594 or email them with your address. You may request a larger cart or an additional cart at no additional cost.
If you just have extra recycling for a short period of time (for example due to moving), you can place extra recycling in paper bags next to your cart or you can flat cardboard boxes and bundle them together with twine and place them next to the cart. Extra items in plastic bags won't be accepted.
Additional Information about Curbside Recycling
- You do not need to sort recycling, all recyclable items can go in the cart.
- Extra cardboard that doesn’t fit in the recycling cart can be flattened, tied with twine, and set next to your recycling cart for pick-up. Cardboard must be cutdown to ensure that it can fit in a recycling cart to be loaded by the truck. Do net set out your extra cardboard on a day when it will get wet.
- Extra recycling can go in paper bags next to your cart; extra items in plastic bags won't be accepted.
- Place recycling loose in the cart, items contained in tied off plastic bags might get thrown out.
- Ensure that recyclables are clean, empty and dry so that they don’t contaminate other items in the recycling truck. Contaminated loads get sent to the trash.
- Don’t put plastic bags into the recycling cart .Check your local grocery store - many collect plastic bags for recycling. Visit PlasticFilmRecycling.org to learn what these stores collect.
Need to set up garbage and yard waste pick-up service? Weekly garbage service is required by code. Current haulers licensed in Fridley can be reached at:
|Ace Solid Waste||763-427-3110|
|LePage and Sons||763-757-7100|
|Walters Recycling and Refuse||763-780-8464|
If you are looking for construction waste, a roll-off, apartment recycling, or commercial recycling, check the list of licensed garbage haulers to set up service.
Yard waste is a separate service contracted for with your garbage company and is optional because residents could also take yard waste to the Bunker Hills Compost site in Coon Rapids or practice at-home composting to create a reusable product for flower beds and vegetable gardens! The City does not pick up yard waste or Christmas trees.